Dinghy Training courses provide the quickest, easiest and safest way to learn to sail.
When you are competent with the basics of sailing (normally Level 2), you can sail at club organised sailing events (bright nights sailing, improver sessions & beginner racing), in a club dinghy*.
* dinghy hire is subject to availability, and a nominal charge (normally £2 per session for U18s). Events may cost more, to cover the cost of support boats & instructors.
We are a recognised RYA Training Centre and run:
- Introductory Sessions – to let you get a taste of sailing.
- Internationally Recognised RYA Training Courses – for everyone, from novice to performance sailors.
- Tailored one-to-one tuition, on request.
We then have a year-round programme for sailing, providing opportunity:
- for essential ‘time on the water’ = to develop course content into ‘hands-on’ experience.
- to benchmark your improving skills against friends & other sailors, through competition.
The RYA Youth Programme commences with Stages 1-4, where participants develop fundamental sailing skills:
Participants can further their sailing skills through ‘advanced’ courses and progress into racing:
You can start your training with a course that is appropriate to your experience – you don’t have to start at the beginning.
The recommended path through the courses is shown below: